Friday, January 20, 2012

Boredom remedy discovered!

As the whining intensifies, I have discovered the remedy for snow day boredom! CHORES! Who would of guessed that the mere mention of laundry, dishes, mopping, or any variation of physical activity involved in tidying up would cause the kids to scurry into the corners of their rooms. I have also discovered mentioning homework or even reading will cause an equally "violent" reaction!
I must give props to Teresa who unloaded the dishwasher, swept the kitchen, and started a load of laundry. Somehow, I think that the prospect of watching GLEE the movie later today was the catalyst for her motivation. It's still early and I have yet to see Lizzy doing anything productive- but then again she is still recovering from her bout with stomach flu yesterday. Grace is managing to keep herself busy with making multicolored paper boxes, which actually are pretty cool. The ice is melting and falling off the power lines near my house. My poor butterfly bush has collapsed into a pile in the back yard. The birdies are now using its bowed branches as a shelter. I'm not sure if it will recover once the ice and snow melt off of it. Hoping for a little warmth so I can venture out to assess the damage!

1 comment:

  1. hahah! I love this! It's fun to hear how all the girls act and react to things. I'd love to visit you all soon!

    ReplyDelete