Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Snow

Snow has arrived, which means school closures. More time for me to work on all this homework I have. I am preparing for the WTPA and gathering evidence for my e-portfolio. I did get several lesson plans completed and began researching my professional development goal. My West E test is scheduled for the 25th and I am hoping the study book I have been reading over helps me to do a bit better this time around.
I am looking forward to this week at school,lots of interesting and fun activities planned. My fifth graders are working on a peace quilt which combines a peace logo and quilt block squares made from colored construction paper pieces. I am hoping to have the entire quilt ready for display by the 20th.
Last week I began a read aloud using "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane." This is part of a larger reading/writing unit. I absolutely love this book. I discovered this book years ago and read it to my own daughters, who loved it. Last year I read it to a group of about 20 K-3rd graders in an after school program. I was amazed at their ideas and responses to the reading and the characters. As I read it now to the fifth graders I will be incorporating vocabulary, writing, shared reading, and a creative project. I am really excited to see the end result of the unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment